Janet Lintala, DC of Autism Health!
- Founder of Autism Health – a low-cost center serving patients from 20 states
- Harvard Medical School Media and Medicine, Inaugural Class of 2020
- Speaker’s Bureau for NCMIC, the largest insurer of chiropractors in the nation
- Founder and President of The Un-Prescription Foundation for Autism, Inc. – a non-profit supporting vibrant health and independence on the Autism spectrum
- Program Partner with World Scout Jamboree 2019
- Program Partner with National Jamboree 2021, Scouts BSA
- Advisory Panel to the Boy Scouts of America National Disability Awareness Council 2013-2017
- Twice appointed by the Governor to the WV State Rehabilitation Council where I served as Secretary
- Associate Instructor, developingMINDS
- 25-year “Residency” as an Autism Mom
I am mom to a family with a variety of issues such as Autism Spectrum condition, Tourette disorder, OCD, anxiety and ADHD. Our home has always been spontaneous and chaotic, and I jokingly live in fear of being given a ticket by the “Normal Police”!
I have a B.S. in Genetics from Ohio State, and graduated as a Doctor of Chiropractic Salutatorian, summa cum laude, from The National University of Health Sciences, a postgraduate program near Chicago, IL. I was a member of the Media and Medicine: How to Tell Stories that Make a Difference, inaugural Class of 2020 at Harvard Medical School.
I was never able to have a typical musculo-skeletal practice and began my 25-year “residency” in autism with the birth of one of my sons. Since then, I have devoted myself exclusively to having an autism practice, bringing the latest in research and therapies to support vibrant health and independence for those on the spectrum.
Over the years, I attended many autism training conferences, and completed two Mentorships at the RIMLAND Center under Dr. Elizabeth Mumper, M.D., the former Medical Director of The Autism Research Institute. I am happily attending the MAPS (Medical Academy of Pediatric Special Needs) conferences now.
I was blessed to be a speaker for Intersect4Kids for several years – The I4K “Dream Team” included Dr. Elizabeth Mumper, MD, Maureen McDonnell, RN, who was the Medical Director of The Imus Cancer Ranch for Kids, and Dr. Monika Buerger, DC who trains for the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association, and is the founder of Intersect4Kids. I4K educates doctors and health care givers across the nation, and has appeared in Chicago, San Francisco, Salt Lake City and more. I am now an Associate Instructor for her developingMINDS Program.
I am currently a member of the Speaker’s Bureau for NCMIC, the largest insurer of chiropractors in the nation. As a NCMIC speaker, I get to travel and teach in fun places like Alaska, Alabama, California, Washington, Florida, (Panama City, Jacksonville, Miami, Orlando and Naples), Missouri, Iowa and Louisiana!
I was thrilled to be a Homecoming speaker at National University of Health Sciences in the summer of 2013. I returned in 2018 as part of an all-female “all-star” alumna speaking slate for Homecoming, and will be speaking again in 2020.
I have a scouting family (proud mom of three Eagle Scouts, wife of a scoutmaster!), so I was pleased to be asked to be a member of the National Advisory Panel to the Boy Scouts of America National Disability Awareness Council. I attended the 2013 National Boy Scout Jamboree as staff for the disAbilities Awareness Challenge, and provided the autism display at the 2017 National Jamboree. In 2019, my non-profit was a local program partner with the World Scout Jamboree and provided a fun, interactive sensory display for the thousands of scouts, leaders and visitors who came from 130 countries. This was a historic first for World Jamboree, as it was the first time they have featured inclusion and disabilities. My non-profit will once again be a Program Partner for the 2021 National Jamboree Scouts BSA!
I am honored that the Governor of WV has twice appointed me to the State Rehabilitation Council, where I served as Secretary, and have attended the National Coalition of State Rehabilitation Councils in Bethesda, MD in 2016 and 2018.
I sincerely hope that my long journey with autism can benefit you and your child in some way – check out the support protocols I share in my award-winning book, The Un Prescription for Autism, available in English, French and soon to be published in Turkish.
Who I’ve trained:
- Speech Pathologists
- Occupational Therapists and OTA’s
- Medical Residents
- Medical Interns
- Rehabilitation Specialists
- Autism families
My most requested topics:
- An Overview of Autism Spectrum Disorders
- The Invisible Health Challenges of ASD
- Case Stories about real patients
- An Autism Makeover for Your Office
- The New Patient Questionnaire
- Overview of Lab Tests for ASD Patients
- Basic and Advanced Protocols
I can tailor presentations anywhere from a 45 minute quickie to a 12 hour weekend!