Praise for The Un-Prescription for Autism by Janet Lintala, DC
From a Facebook comment: “I bought it last night and can’t put it down! It’s already answering so many questions we have! I’ve recommended it to our therapists working with our son and starting (t)he action plan today!! Thank you!”
“Loving the book!!!!!!! Taking tons of notes. Laughing and crying! She nailed it.”
“I NEEDED this book. When you sit around and feel helpless and hopeless, it wears on you. When you can read a book like this, recognize identical behavior in your child, and see that there is HOPE……it’s likea weight has been lifted off of your shoulders. Someone has already blazed a trail and you are happy to follow them!!!!!!!”
“I have a close to 8-year old who still wets the bed, currently has strep throat (she has had a tonsillectomy but she still gets it occasionally), and she’s always digging at her crotch, has the red ring around her bottom, and has a few “tic” like things she does. She also suffers horribly with eczema. My jaw almost hit the floor when I was reading. I will be reading this several times and passing the word onto a couple of friends in similar situations!!”
- BUY THIS BOOK! The information it contains is transforming my son’s life for the better! THANK YOU, DR. LINTALA!
- I have been eyeing this book ever since you announced it and can’t believe I waited so long to purchase it. Got it in the mail yesterday and just finished. I’ve been trying various alternative treatments for my son and can’t wait to start the enzyme protocol. I have suspected GI issues because he doesn’t seem to absorb things, even water. You really know your stuff!
- Get this book as fast as you can! If you are a parent or caregiver of someone with autism, you owe it to them to read this book and try these principles! I’m a parent of a child with Asperger’s. We started the digestive enzymes 17 days ago and our son’s life is dramatically better. He’s happier!! He’s better able to control himself! Get the book!!! It’s worth 5 times what I paid for it!
- The best book I’ve ever read. It was like you were writing about my child and everything we had gone through.
- My copy of the book arrived yesterday. I stayed up most of the night reading it. Thank you for writing this book! We have an appointment for developmental eye exam next week and I ordered enzymes. I can’t wait to get him off the Risperdal. Fingers crossed!
- (From a pediatrician): Your book is amazing and is a much needed resource!!! I will be recommending it to my patients!!! It will also change how I treat my patients. You are changing the lives of many! Thank you!!!
- This is the book I’ve been looking for both for my son and for my own patients for the last 5 years. I’m so glad I’ve found it. It’s based on actual science and written by a mother/professional who understands what life in an autism house can look like. We started our Un-Prescription yesterday and I can’t wait to see what’s next for us.
- I am nearly half way through the book and feel like you are completely describing the issues my autistic daughter has. Chronic constipation, behavioral issues, and immune deficiency.
- I need to share this because it is beyond amazing!!! I truly feel that with this book by our side we are about to change A LOT! Amazing read so far and worth every penny. Great for us as parents, but even better to pass on to family or anyone trying to understand our world. Buy this now!!! #GameChanger
- Just got my copy today. And geez I love it and I’m only 6 pages in!!
- Read it, loved it, trying to implement it now! 2 weeks in and nonverbal 2-year-old W has started babbling. So much so that he’s keeping himself awake at night. Did not see that part coming…But I’ll take it! Thank you.
- I am a believer! Wish I had your book a year ago! I had to find out so much of what you wrote through a crisis! Hoping more medical professionals will look at this approach BEFORE prescribing meds!
- I’m seeing such a difference in my twins…They’re interacting with each other more, and I’m getting better eye contact. My completely nonverbal guy has started babbling, not all the time, but certainly more, and my other guy that does babble has been doing more with a wider variety of syllables. …they’re sleeping better.
- I am reading this book now. I randomly picked it off the shelf at the library when my daughter was playing there. I was so intrigued I checked the book out. Now I read it every spare moment I get. I can’t wait to start these protocols.
- I have been reading this book. I am enjoying it.
- I just finished reading this, and my son will be starting the protocol on Monday, if we get even half good results, it will be wonderful.
- I love that she’s (Dr. Lintala) down to earth and easy to talk to…she just “gets it” as I call it.
- I am loving my book!
- I have 2 sons with autism and just ordered this book today….so anxious to read it!!!!
- I have only read a little and I love this book. It has opened my eyes to new ideas. Thank you.
- Very nice book. This book educated me a lot. Bought it from Amazon; it’s a must read.
- Loved this book!
- Real good book!
- I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this book to anyone who is a parent of or caregiver for an individual on the spectrum. This book has given me renewed hope. After just a few weeks on the “slow” protocol I am seeing results. Long road ahead but we will get there. I appreciate those who have “been there” and choose to give back. Awesome!!
- Awesome book!
- I am reading this book right now and I HIGHLY recommend it!
- We too will be implementing the slow protocol for our 4 yr ASD son. I am going to read the entire book first (a bit more than halfway through). I am very excited about this.
- I recommend this book very much and the process it explains. It is a great and easy read!
- I’m picking mine up today!
- I will tell you this…my son had eczema patches here and there on his back and on his right hand real bad. He would itch and scratch and bleed. The enzymes have cleared that up first thing.
- Getting it in the mail on Tuesday from Amazon. I’ve never been so anxious to read a book in my life like I am for this one!
- Everyone should get this
- This is a GREAT resource for all ages as I see it.
- Book looks good. Thanks for the news.
- Great book!!! I read it fast.
- I’m reading it right now…I cried after the introduction it captures what I’ve felt deep inside…I’m anxious to continue reading it and developing an action plan.
- Excellent book, it was very insightful. My son is 18.
- About half way through. Love it so far!
- I just started reading it yesterday. So far very informative and easy to read.
- I would advise purchasing vs getting at library. I immediately ordered it once I rented it after realizing it was more like a workbook and need to reference it long term. Fantastic book and this was first time reading this many parallels to our personal journey and we are hopeful that this will help our little guy. Just made sense to me, thank you!
- For once I’m non skeptical. Raised two boys to adulthood holistically and this is a good read…finally someone not trying to make a buck off of autism…well done.
- …this is the best gift one can donate to any Resource Center or purchase new for seasoned families!
- The best book ever! I have learned so much from your book. Thank you.
- Thank you for this! I can’t wait to read and learn!
- I bought it…lots of “wow I didn’t realize” when reading.
- This is a must buy. I really got a lot out of this book.
- <3 this. THANK YOU!!!!
- Great book
- It’s a very great source of information!
- Just started reading this!
- I need to buy this book for my son.
- OMG, u just described it…Someone gets it.
- …thank you for providing parents resources and options by writing your book.
- Thanks to Janet and recommendations our son is reading at his grade level, behaving so much better that words cannot do it justice, and sleeping through the night. We were told he probably would not progress past a second grade reading level. He just started sixth grade and is reading just at a sixth grade level. Thank you Janet! For everything you do and your dedication to everyone. You are an angel!!
- I just got the book and am about to start reading The Rules of Tack Sitting am excited to read it all. I know is going to help me with my 3-year-old daughter. She has a Development Delay and ASD. Lately she has been having problems sleeping.
- I am LOVING this book!!! I will never be able to thank you enough!
- Thank you so much, I honestly will for real never be able to thank you enough. We sit at both sides of the spectrum in our home. I’ve been working on my own book just about that fact alone. Your book has validated SO much of what we’ve been doing and I cannot wait to share it with our team!!!
- I am reading this book right now and it is great so far.
- I just heard about this book!
- I absolutely love your book! The enzymes worked. No tummy issues going on two months. Never wakes up during the night. By using your suggestions!
- Reading your book and almost done, it’s really good 🙂
- Great book!
- Great book! Wish I would have had it 11 yrs ago.
- Just finished reading…I believe is going to change everything. We are in crisis.
- Just bought this book this week. A few pages in and I could already relate.
- Reading this book now and wow I wish I would have found it years ago.
- It works
- I’m still reading, so happy I got this book, I think it’s going to be life changing for our whole family.
- Too bad this didn’t come out 20 yrs ago…
- My grandson is autistic! This is a great book!
- Get this book…you will NOT regret it!
- Bought the book and praying it can help my extremely aggressive grandson and that his mom will trust the journey.
- Just purchased this week. So far loving this book.
- I need this book so badly
- This book sounds like it gives wonderful advice and help!
- I need this book!
- I bought this book last week and we are about 5 days in….I have a great feeling about it!!! It all makes so much sense!!
- I just finished reading this book and I must say it makes a lot of sense.
- Great book. I just finished reading it.
- Thank you very much for sharing all this valuable information, mu son right now is very happy, my son is smiling, he is able to go to sleep without any medication, he’s eating foods I never thought he would eat, he is much more calm. I’ve only been using this information for a month. Again, thank you very much. I’ve told all my friends with autistic children about this book!
- I just read this book absolutely LOVED it, gave it a great rating among other autism Moms and posted it on my site!
- Thank you, your book is amazing and I have learned so much.
- I just received my copy from Amazon today, & can’t wait to read it. My son is 5, and I am desperate to find a way to get his behaviors under control and to help him become a happier, more focused child.
- I got this book yesterday! I am so excited to start reading.
- Buy the book, it can only help.
- This book is great. You will think this book was written about you and your family. U relate to so many things.
- It has been crazy good! The preschool is in awe of the change. He is engaged, following instructions, singing and dancing, putting endings on words, saying multiple sentences, back to napping and eating like a horse! We are joyful and so appreciative of your guidance. Thank you doesn’t even begin to cover our feelings.
- A must have.
- We have seen incredible results from her advice in an explosion of speech, marked decrease in sensory seeking behaviors, very few meltdowns, back to taking naps and sleepin well at night and he is eating like crazy!
- My husband started reading it. He loves it so far.
- I need to get this book.
- Just read it! I laughed, I cried, I learned. I am excited to get my 8-year old on a healthy path. Thank you.
- This book is incredible! I can’t believe I never stumbled upon it before. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
- I suggest reading this. I’m ¼ into it and even my son’s neurologists believes what I’ve learned so far is correct.
- I need Spanish please.
- Only in week two but already hearing more talking. Awesome.
- I’m excited to read it…great reviews.
- Amazing book! We’ve started enzymes 9 days ago. When do people usually see results? My child seems better already.
- I need this book.
- Reading this. Loving this.
- Just attended a conference and she was a speaker. Great information.
- I have a few friends with boys that have autism that I will definitely be sharing your book with. Thank you for all of the work you do!
- Like manna from Heaven is this book for our aching hearts. Finally, a professional who truly gets it and has something to offer. Thank you. Thank you, Dr. Lintala!
- I have a great feeling about it!!! It all makes so much sense!!
- It’s like a switch has been flipped…Just want to thank you for helping our family.
What Others Are Saying:
“Great program – best I have attended”
“Wow – the most info on autism I have ever had!”
“Wish it was a two-day event!”
“Such good info – I want more!”
“Excellent topic with a very qualified instructor”
“Great info – can implement a lot right away.”
“Very well organized and made it interesting”